I know I just posted a blog about the second part of my trip to Budapest, but I have to make sure I record this!
Ashley was the other girl living in Hafnerriegel with me. She too shares my feelings of disgust with this place and had her home university sort out a way to move. So Thursday evening, I was on a tram with her and Marco moving Ashley to a new and much better accommodation.
Now in Graz, you must buy a bus pass. If you don't you'll get a ticket. Not wanting to get into trouble, I made sure I bought a month-long bus pass. It's still valid until March 13th. I have never been asked to see my ticket before and was seriously contemplating if they ever do check for tickets. After Thursday night I no longer needed to contemplate.
A lady came around while we were on the bus checking passes. I open my wallet to get my pass out and look down at it. I realize it's not the right pass! It's an old week-long pass I had gotten my first week in Graz. Well awesome, I don't have my pass. The lady, a blond-hair, beetle-eyed meanie just stares at me. I tell her I don't have my ticket. She promptly whips out a pad (like she was just WAITING for that one person who she could do that to) and asks for my passport.
Lesson 101: Don't carry your passport with you! Leave it at home. Someone could steal your purse or anything and you don't want to have your passport stolen as well.
So knowing this, WHY WOULD I HAVE MY PASSPORT WITH ME? The bus lady is talking to me in German and I am just upset I look at her and say" I have absolutely no IDEA what you are saying". Maybe no the best choice because she then slams her finger into my wallet wanting my drivers license.
Now what are you going to do with my COLORADO, USA drivers license? Are you planning on tracking me down in good old Greeley if I don' pay for this ticket? Come on lady.
The bus ride ends with a nastly look, an upset Sara, and a white and red 61 euro ticket in my hands.
Good old Graz, Austria.
Haha this story still makes me laugh so much!! You ticked off your first German! Good times
ReplyDelete