I've talked to many of you in the past few weeks about my time here thus far in Graz. I've meet so many new people I'm just impressed with my brain that it can remember so many names (maybe I could be a teacher after all!). I wanted to do a bio blog on all my new friends for two reasons. One, so that when I look back at my time here and the pictures I can remember who people were; two, I am REALLY tired of explaining the same thing to everyone! :) Just kidding, but actually it gets to be a pain to tell three people the same thing within two days. So here it is, The Bio Blog.
Kerstin: She's my Austrian buddy the University provided me with and has helped me get settled into Graz. She picked me up from the airport and helped me get all my banking, school, country registration, and other nic-naks things in order. She has been a huge blessing and I am SO SO thankful to have her while I am here.
Flo: Short for Florian. I remember him because of Finding Nemo with the blue fish, Flo, in the fish tank! He is friends with Kerstin and has been a great person to get to know. Loves to joke.
The Roommate: Christian, Flo's roommate. I know I wrote in another blog that I couldn't remember his name so he made sure Flo reminded me. Now we just officially call him The Roommate. Makes the best tiramisu!
Ashley: We live in Hafnerriegel together and have become good buds! She's from Virginia and smiles 24/7
Ryan: Also a Hafnerriegel-er. Comes from Idaho and walks faster than most cars! We always have to call him back and remind him that the rest of the world was not gifted with cheetah speed.
Marco: From Italy! My first Italian friend. He's such a funny guy and makes very good pasta. Apart of the tiramisu cake for my birthday along with Ashley and Cody.
Cody: The Southern gentleman meets frat boy. Cody is so sweet and loves to have a good time. He knows how real Americans eat (fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and of course Mexican food)
Anne: She's from California and has the organizational skills of a soccer mom. She planned our entire trip to Budapest.
Emilie: The first Swedish person I have ever met. She is so sweet and I adore her!
Paula: Just the greatest person ever. She's from Finnland and cracks me up. She'e engaged to Valtteri.
Valtteri: Also from Finnland (If Paula is then he is too. Duh right?) Loves to be outdoors and does a lot of outdoor sports.
Luke: Last name Jonas (Yes, as in the Jonas brothers. So for all you Bonds reading this, at least you don't get 2 jokes about your name!!). My last name for him is Skywalker. It's the best way to remember his name! From USA.
Nikita: Is like 8 feet tall (not really, 6'4") and from Canada. Says "aye" ALL THE TIME. I die.
Anna: Australian but not the "super beachy, bikini" type. More the skateboarder chill type. I really enjoy being around her.
Juan: MY FIRST SOUTH AFRICAN FRIEND! My first South African person I have met, ever. He's also super tall so I hate standing in between him and Nikita. But is a really nice guy and I like hanging out with him.
Laura: Also from South Africa. She's a great girl and is one of the few people that I've met that isn't that big into partying every night. I think we're going to be great friends.
Tuti: From Finnland. I just ADORE her name and want to say it all the time. She's a lot of fun to hang out with.
Marie: I met her on my birthday and she is just awesome. A friend of Tuti's and also from Finnland.
Nev: The craziest Australian, nah the craziest person I think I have ever met. A "you only live once so live to the fullest" kind of guy. Really great.
Some other people I have met but don't know too much about are:
Peter: USA
Mikel: Spain
Marie: Belgium
Diane: Minnesota
Jessy: New York
Antonio: Mexico
Shade: Australia
Edith: Australia
Stef: Australia
And that's it. So, if you ever need a reference as to who someone is, REFER back to this blog :) Or you can ask me, that's always easy. (Which would make this blog a waste of time, but really who cares?)
Love,
Sara
lol. See making friends isn't that hard! Look at all those people you have met in the first couple of weeks!
ReplyDeleteI get a great visual watching Ryan walking faster than a car...then you yelling at him that you are not a cheetah! I'm amazed at all the many friends you've made so quickly. Wow!
ReplyDelete