Wow! I cannot believe it's been almost a week since my last post. In some ways it seems longer and in others it's shorter. That's one thing I can't figure out here, if time is passing quickly or slower than normal. Who knows. But it's March 15th and I have four more months to live the "European Life" so here we go.
I went to my Introduction to Literary Studies I class on Wednesday. It was all in GERMAN! Folks I cannot speak German let alone understand someone explaining to me the complexities of poetry in German. I barely understand that in English. So here I am sitting in class with the world's greatest expression for clueless on my face. About an hour in I go up to the teacher when everyone is reading something and I introduce myself. The polite thing, you would think, would be to introduce yourself back but no, the professor just stares at me with a look that says "yeah, what do you want?". I told her I needed this class in English and she tells me to go see the department secretary the next day and with that, I grab my stuff and walk out of class. I did go see the secretary and she found me another class to be placed in so whew! I can take all the courses I need to take while I am here and still graduate on time back home.
NEWS ALERT! NEWS ALERT!
Many many thanks to Kerstin for taking me to repeal my bus ticket. They came back with their decision a few days ago and....I DON'T HAVE TO PAY! That's an extra $100 I get to keep and Sara Regan lives to fight another day (Is that Batman or Superman?)
My good friend Sinus and his friend Infection have decided to have an extended stay in my nose. Every morning I wake up and they remind me that they are still here and aren't leaving any time soon! I even tried bringing over Mucus Relief and Sudafed but they just aren't interested. So if by tomorrow they haven't checked-out I will go see a doctor and get some hard core stuff. I do not want to be sick for Paris!
PARIS! I leave in 3 days and am so excited! It's going to be great seeing Molly and Kate and Anthony and spending time with people from back home. I have been homesick a lot lately but since I arrived until now it's the longest time I will go without seeing anyone or having something to look forward to. I see Kate in a month in London, Paulette in 5 weeks in Madrid, John in mid-June and then Zach comes at the end to travel around for a few weeks. I am just so excited to see Paris. It's one of those places people always dream about going and just to be able to see all the art and fashion and say "oh yeah, I've been to Paris" will be amazing. Now the hardest thing will be figuring out what to pack! I am sending some things home with Molly as well because I can't fit everything into my suitcases when it's time to go back home. Big thanks to Molly for carrying a bag home for me!
On Sunday (two days ago) I went with Paula, Valtteri, Laura and Ryan to a little city outside of Graz called Frohnleiten, It was adorable! It reminded me of Estes Park only a big bigger. It was such a quaint, quiet town and it was clean! No one was smoking or throwing trash on the ground. It was peaceful and just a great way to escape from Graz. We were able to see a few churches and hike up a hill to overlook the city. Just a beautiful view. It was inexpensive to go and it may become a place we go to every other weekend just to get out of the city and see some country side. Plus there was a castle we didn't get to that I would love to go see. Funny how there are just random castles in these small towns you would never expect to see!
More rest and relaxation for Sara today. Pray that the sinus infection goes away fast! Stay tuned for next blog-PARIS!
Love,
Sara
No comments:
Post a Comment