Sunday, March 6, 2011

Food For Your Thoughts and My Stomach

I don't cook. Not really. I know how to make breakfast food and how to put a pizza in the oven but when it really comes down to it, I have no idea. When I do get adventurous I have my mom or dad stay in the kitchen with me so I can constantly ask questions about what I should be doing. So it came as a shock to me that I would have to cook my own meals here. There is no cafeteria or meal plan for the university.

Thankfully I have been blessed with several friends who have lived on their own and know how to cook. We have had several family dinners and it's been great to get together and enjoy each other company while sharing some of our favorites from back home. I, being the non-cook that I am, don't know what to cook! I would really like to bring something that I could make from back home which doesn't require hard-to-find ingredients. So this is where you all come in.

My cry for help. I would love for you to send me a few recipies of food that meets these requirements:

1. It's easy to make
2. It has simple ingredients
3. It tastes good
4. I can make it and then put it in the fridge and it will keep for left-overs
5. It doesn't need to be baked in a ceramic bowl (I have found pretty much everything else pan-wise to cook with, just not a ceramic bowl to bake in)

So help me out. Give me some of your favorites! Give me some that need an oven and that don't. Recipes that I can make for one person and for six people. I will cook something here at one point. I just need my loving friends and family back home to help me out. You all have my email address.

Amateur Chef,
Sara

P.S. If you plan on sending anything to me by mail, please send it before March 10th. I will be moving to a new housing place (much nicer and closer to campus) and won't be able to get my mail from Hafnerriegel once I move. If you do want to send me something after, just wait a few weeks until I get my new address. If you're not sure, then email me. I really appreciate all the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment